Gallagher Re’s ‘Geographic Trends and Regional Idiosyncrasies’ takes a look at the EMEA region through an InsurTech lens. In addition to profiling various InsurTech businesses, clients and individuals, this report provides its readership with the most current InsurTech investment data and view on the general market.
- InsurTech is showing signs of a small recovery, with Q2 funding up 8% on the prior quarter as total disclosed global InsurTech funding for the quarter reached an impressive $2.41 billion.
- Average deal size increased for the quarter by 18.3% — $22.11 million in Q2 compared to $18.72 million in Q1.
- The increase in average deal size is however overshadowed by a 7.7% decrease in total Q2 InsurTech deals. Q2 saw 132 InsurTech deals, compared to 143 InsurTech deals in Q1.
- Total disclosed funding for L&H InsurTech reached $918M in Q2. This reflects a 12.4% increase in funding from the prior quarter, as well as an increase in deals. There were 40 deals for L&H InsurTech in Q2 compared to 37 in Q1.
- $948 million was raised in six Q2 mega-rounds, including four based in the U.S.
For any questions or enquiries, please reach out to Andrew Johnston who leads the Gallagher Re InsurTech practice.