Posted on 12 Oct 2009
Aon Corporation today announced the launch of Inpoint, an Aon company formed to help insurance carriers improve their performance. Inpoint provides advisory and real-time information services to the insurance carrier market focused on market selection, profitable growth and operational excellence.
Working with thousands of clients and insurance carriers in a dynamic and complex environment, Aon has a unique vantage point to understand trends and behaviors within insurance markets," said Gregory C. Case, president and chief executive officer of Aon Corporation. "This reality, coupled with an unparalleled ability to collect and analyze transaction data across tens of billions of dollars in premiums, will enable the Inpoint team of professionals help insurance executives gain an edge in today's difficult environment."
Inpoint helps insurance carriers through multiple products and services, including:
* Market segmentation and growth strategy: Identifying new segment growth opportunities and developing practical strategies to capture them
* Sales force effectiveness: Obtaining unique, detailed insights into channel satisfaction and improving both submission flow and win rates
* Pricing and underwriting: Delivering a deep understanding of underwriter decision-making and pricing at the detailed segment level, including by industry, product and geography
* Claims operations: Enabling operational efficiencies, accelerating recovery rates and improving loss payout performance
* Cost and operational excellence: Benchmarking operational performance metrics for continuous improvement
* Ongoing insights: Providing robust data that enables unique visibility into the market
Inpoint is led by an experienced team of successful insurance industry executives and experts, including Michael R. Moran, former Executive Vice President and global head of broking excellence for Aon Risk Services; Cynthia Beveridge, former Executive Vice President of Aon Brokerage Group, Aon Risk Services; Paul Galvin, leader of the Aon Carrier Strategic Consulting team based in London; Jesper Groenvold, CEO of Paragon Solutions; and Steven Kauderer, a veteran insurance industry consultant who was recently recruited to help build the business.
As an integrated unit of Aon, Inpoint utilizes data and tools from multiple proprietary Aon sources, including Aon Global Risk Insight Platform(SM), Paragon Solutions, Aon Analytics, Aon eSolutions, Aon Benfield, and Aon Global Risk Consulting. Combined with a team of top industry talent, this access to global resources has already enabled Inpoint to deliver unmatched facts, insight, and expertise to over 30 carrier clients globally.
The company serves clients from offices in Chicago, New York, Minneapolis, Dallas, Pittsburgh, London, Dublin and Sydney with access to resources from Aon's global network of more than 500 offices in 120 countries.