Posted on 23 Sep 2011
Applied Systems Client Network (ASCnet), the network of agencies and brokerages that use Applied Systems management technology, recognized insurance carriers and others for their work in implementing download and real-time interface technology for agencies and brokerages. Angelyn Treutel, ASCnet Industry Solutions Committee chair, presented carrier, vendor and individual awards at TENCon 2011, ASCnet's Technology, Education & Networking Conference in Orlando this week.
In presenting the awards, Treutel, president of SouthGroup Insurance in Bay Saint Louis, Miss., said, "We're excited to be able to recognize partners that have helped this year with the implementation of interface within our industry. We need to get to the point where technology is working for us-and not the other way around. These partners are helping us to get there."
Adoption Awards were given to "quick adopters of technology that promotes or supports the workflows of ASCnet members." Achievement Awards recognized "success in developing, promoting, implementing and/or supporting ASCnet members in real time, download and industry standards and initiatives." Ease of Doing Business Awards, which are based on measurable data and confirmed by member input, honored carrier work efforts that result in increased agent and broker efficiency.
Real Time Adoption Awards went to:
* Union Standard Insurance Group, a Berkley company, for implementation of real time rating for BOP, general liability, property, auto and workers comp;
* The Republic Insurance Group, for its rollout of real time for home and auto and adoption of inquiry functionality;
* New York Central Mutual, for its rollout of policy view for A Central and mobile home; and
* Donegal Insurance Group, for its timely implementation of real time functionality.
* The Cincinnati Insurance Companies and Penn National Insurance received Real Time Achievement Awards for their implementation of personal lines round-trip rating without web edits.
Download Adoption Awards went to:
* Preferred Employers Insurance Company, a Berkley company, for adoption of batch alerts by a regional carrier
* Motorists Insurance Group, for its implementation of commercial lines download;
* Glatfelter Insurance Group, for implementation of commercial lines download as a managing general agent; and
* Coastal American Insurance Company, for the timely implementation of download by a regional carrier.
* Travelers Insurance received the Download Achievement Award for superior agent support in troubleshooting commercial lines download issues.
The Ease of Doing Business Gold Award was presented to EMC Insurance Companies for its implementation of round-trip rating for personal lines and BOP and for its password synchronization initiatives. Hanover Insurance Group received the Ease of Doing Business Silver Award for offering agents and brokers round-trip rating for personal lines, BOP and workers comp.
The ASCnet Industry Solutions Committee honored NxTech Incorporated with an Industry Standards & Initiatives Award for the firm's success in working with carriers on XML and AL3 implementations.
The committee also presented Individual Achievement Awards to:
* Mele Fuller, of Safeco/Liberty Mutual Agency Corporation, for what Treutel described as Fuller's "ongoing quality of service, support of both real time and download, with multiple lines of business, tireless work on standards within the industry";
* Wendy Watson, of Orbit and the Precept Group, "for her passionate efforts within the Canadian Insurance market to promote real time through education, road shows, working committees and more"; and
* Carolyn "Cal" Durland, of ACORD, "for her exceptional, relentless support of agency interface and the implementation of standards."
Founded in 1985 and based in Des Plaines, Ill., Applied Systems Client Network, Inc. (ASCnet) is an international association representing more than 80,000 insurance professionals. The only authorized users group for Applied Systems software, ASCnet's vision is for members to increase system utilization, resulting in increased agency value and profitability. The organization will provide opportunities for members to achieve this success through advocacy, education and networking. For more information: www.ASCnet.org.