There’s no substitute for experience. Mitchell & Mitchell Insurance draws on its history of more than 60 years to provide our clients with comprehensive professional guidance.
Founded in 1954 with a focus on helping dentists ensure business and financial stability and success, we have since expanded to assist a range of professionals. We’re now serving second- and third- generation clients, working closely with them to avoid business pitfalls and achieve success through proper insurance planning.
Although our rich tradition and considerable expertise have made us invaluable industry experts to our clients, we don’t rest on our laurels. Instead, we’re vigilant in our pursuit of next generation products and services, evolving along with our clients to help them meet new challenges and make smart business decisions.
At Mitchell & Mitchell Insurance, we strive to provide the highest level of service as we support our clients throughout the entire span of their professional careers. Our wealth of experience serves as a valuable resource for our clients, enabling us to act in their best interests for their short- and long-term success.
We’re with you every step of the way. For us, that’s not just a tagline. We handle your business and personal insurance needs - from graduation through retirement and beyond - and we do so with integrity and a solid commitment to your success.
Our goals are to:
- Treat clients with care and understanding.
- Encourage every client to reach his or her maximum potential.
- Become an increasingly valuable resource to clients, personally and professionally.
- Earn the confidence and respect of the individual and treat these attributes with the highest regard, never allowing this trust and esteem to be violated, exploited or manipulated.
- Retain all disclosures in the strictest of confidence as privileged information.
- Share our years of expertise and experience to counsel our clients in their professional and personal life situations.
- Ultimately achieve the distinction of being one of our clients’ most trusted advisors.
- Largest writer of Lawyers Professional Liability insurance for law firms of every size in the U.S
- Rated “A” (Excellent), XV (>$2 billion) by A.M Best
- Rated #1 for Claims satisfaction year after year by Ames & Gough
- More than 60 years’ experience insuring attorneys in private practice of law
- More than 200,000 attorneys with the Program
- Endorsed by some of the largest state bar programs in the country
- Providing Risk Control Online Demand courses (CLE approved) with premium discounts
- Risk Control Hotline, staffed by CNA risk control team, provides CNA policyholders with a resource for discussing issues and questions that arise in the day-to-day practice of law.
- Broad definition of “Legal Services”
- Broad definition of “Insured”
- 50% reduction of deductible, up to a maximum of $25,000, if the insured utilized an engagement letter, as defined by the policy, in connection with legal services that are the subject of a claim.
- Non-Practicing Extended Reporting period at no extra charge for retiring or non-practicing lawyers who have been continuously insured by the company for at least 3 year ( free Retirement Tail)
- Full Prior Acts Coverage available
- Broad Settlement Clause ( No “Hammer Clause”)
Why Mitchell & Mitchell Insurance:
- Dedicated team for past 20 years that only handles Lawyers Professional Liability Insurance and knows the coverage and market as well as anybody
- Separate Departments dedicated to Workers Compensation, Business Owners, Cyber, EPLI and other valuable insurance for Professionals such as Attorneys and CPA’s
- Has been the exclusive CNA underwriter in CA for 20+ years
- Review and enhancement of Engagement Letters (Retainer Agreement) to better protect your firm