Keystate Public Risk has partnered with Brit Global Specialty USA, to offer their comprehensive Package FirstTM program to Public Entities that want to purchase a standard insurance program, as well as larger clients that want a customized SIR Program.
Clients benefit from robust local underwriting, claims and loss control services offered through the BRIT Program. The Package First public entity product coverages include Property and Inland Marine, Auto Physical Damage, Auto Liability, General Liability, Public Officials' Liability, Law Enforcement Liability, Employment Practices, Crime and Excess Coverage.
This program is written in Pennsylvania through an AM Best A(Excellent) rated Company. With an average of 25 years of experience in the First Dollar Public Entity market, our team prides itself on strong expertise in this specialized sector.
Loss Control resources are available via our in-house loss control staff on an individual or agency basis. Those looking for the distance learning aspect will receive significantly discounted pricing to our proprietary TEAMTM (Train, Educate and Manage) platform. TEAMTM is a flexible risk management system that provides niche content streams, access to over 100 training topics and user reports to assist the entity in mitigating risk by tracking efforts.
Package FirstTM claims are handled by Gallagher Bassett Services Inc., one of the country's largest claims services providers with a marketing leading reputation for Public & Non-profit expertise. Claims oversight is handled from our US headquarters in Chicago.
- Property: $50m per location and higher by special
- Liability coverages: Primary limits of $1m
- Umbrella limits: $10m
Property, Equipment Breakdown, Inland Marine and Crime
- Property coverage valuation is replacement cost/agreed value waving co-insurance penalties
- Over 50 additional coverages and coverage extensions
- Contractors equipment covered in property form at replacement cost- automatic coverage for non-owned contractor's equipment up to $250,000
General Liability, Occurrence Form
- Defense costs are in addition to the Limit of Liability
- Punitive Damages covered where allowed by state law
- Broad form Governmental Entities definition of Insured includes all boards and commissions operated by and under the direction of the insured entity, volunteers as insureds, mobile or leased equipment contracts, users of golf mobiles and parties to mutual aid agreements
Law Enforcement Liability Occurrence Form
- Approved moonlighting and mutual aid agreements are covered
- Broad definition of insured includes elected and appointed officials and all auxiliary and volunteer officers
- Consent to settle included
Public Officials Liability, Claims Made Form
- Full Prior Acts coverage offered to most entities having continuous
- Claims Made coverage for past five years
- Civil Rights Violations, zoning, land use (other than Eminent Domain or Inverse Condemnation), permits and licenses are covered
- Basic Extended Reporting Period included with additional reporting periods available
Employment Practices Liability, Claims Made Form acceptance
- Broad definition of wrongful act including refusal to employ, termination of employment, false arrest, false imprisonment, libel, slander, defamation, harassment, humiliation, discrimination, invasion of privacy, wrongful eviction, malicious prosecution, abuse of process or any other act, omission or policy attributable to anyone's employment
- Sexual Harassment, America n with Disabilities Act and Title VII claims are covered
- Back wages limit included with higher limits available
Auto Liability and Physical Damage
- Fleet Coverage Endorsement adds coverage for commandeered autos, newly acquired organizations, blanket additional insured wording for insured contracts, waiver of subrogation, fellow employee, extended towing coverage, extended glass coverage, rental reimbursement, communication equipment, employee vehicle deductible reimbursement, blanket loss payable clause, medical payments, hired auto physical damage, and 120 day cancellation provision
- Stated amount coverage for emergency rescue vehicles
- Emergency Response Provider Extension Endorsement includes extended debris removal and pollution clean up, expected or intended injury exception for damage resulting from protecting persons or property, fellow employee coverage, non-owned vehicle deductible reimbursement, additionally acquired emergency units and equipment, recertification expense, hired and substitute emergency unit physical damage, rental reimbursement and extended towing
- Coverage A is follow form excess over underlying liability coverages
- Coverage B is umbrella liability with a $10,000 retained limit
- Separate Aggregate Protection, commonly known as "SILO Aggregate ", as respects to Coverage A only, applies the aggregate separately to each underlying coverage shown on the umbrella declarations