This program is designed for apartments, condominiums, and townhouses.
Preferred Habitational Program: This program concentrates on preferred apartment accounts that are less than 20 years old or have been renovated in the past ten years. Owner-occupied condominiums and townhouse associations may be written, provided they meet underwriting standards. All accounts generally must be written as a package policy. We provide a wide array of enhancements that are specific to this class of business. In addition, crime coverage, hired/non-owned auto, and employee benefits liability can be included in the package.
Umbrella coverage is available in conjunction with this program with a $25,000,000 limit.
Lines of coverage: Property, Inland Marine, Crime, & GL.
Non-coastal areas; however, tier 1 counties may be written ex-Wind. No quake coverage.
Risks must be located in an area rated Protection Class Six (6) or better.
Target Market: (Preferred Program)
Rents in top 25% of rents charged in town/city where risk is located.
Second Tier Habitational Program: This program concentrates on apartments, condos, townhouses and economy hotels that do not fit the criteria for our Preferred Program. The target market is habitational accounts commonly referred to as "B" class accounts. We provide monoline coverage for properties over 10 years of age.
- Replacement cost valuation with agreed amount ($50 million per location, more if needed)
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence limit
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate limit
- $1,000,000 Products and Completed Operations Aggregate limit
- $1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Injury limit
- $ 50,000 Damage to Premises Rented to You
- $ 5,000 Medical Expense limit
- $1,000,000 Auto - Hired/Non-Owned vehicles only
- $1,000,000 Employee Benefits Liability ($1,000 dedt; Claims Made Form)
- Inland Marine $25,000 Electronic Data Processing
- Crime $5,000 Money & Securities
- Umbrella $25,000,000
- Top quartile (25%) of local rents
- Less than 15% subsidized units
- Condos must be at least 80% owner-occupied
- Minimum building insurance-to-value (ITV) of $75 /sq. ft.
- Condos must have an average unit market value of at least $100,000
- Built last 20 years. Older risks considered with copper wiring, updates in last 15 years & in the top quartile of rents
- PC 6 or better
- Any risk over 3 stories must have a fully functional sprinkler system throughout
- Average or better housekeeping, maintenance, and building condition
- Less than 25% in student occupancy ( >25% subject to more guidelines)
- The minimum occupancy rate of 80%
Package: Property, General Liability, Inland Marine, Crime, Equipment Breakdown
For more information, complete the form above.