Willis Group Holdings, the global insurance broker, will showcase its expertise and innovation at the Risk & Insurance Management Society’s (RIMS) 2012 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Philadelphia April 15-18. This key industry event brings together thousands of insurance buyers and insurance experts in a unique format for educational, networking and business opportunities.
Willis’ theme for RIMS 2012 is “Being Best Where it Matters Most,” selected to reflect Willis’ deep industry expertise in a variety of sectors including marine, aviation, energy, construction, financial services, and property; while underscoring Willis’ global capabilities via its international network.
A lively and interactive Willis Booth (#1225) will feature product demos, workshops, and published reports as well as an opportunity for visitors to meet with Willis experts, senior leadership, and key country managers. Scheduled demonstrations include WillPLACE, Willis’ groundbreaking data-driven placement tool; PRISM, Willis’ exclusive privacy risk evaluation tool; Willis Global Networks Online Policy Summary and Country Data platform; and Willis’ cutting edge claims and analytics capabilities.
Wills experts will lead a variety of educational sessions including:
• Real Estate IND900: Steven W. Sachs, Director Real Estate and Hotel Practice, Willis North America
• Healthcare IND906: James B. O'Dell, Senior Vice President, Willis of Tennessee
• Casino IND911: Christian Ryan, Willis of Texas
• Overseas Suppliers: Risk Analysis and Insurance Solutions INT100: Rick Jensen, Managing Director, Willis International
• Selecting and Working with a Broker RMG102: Tim P. Carlson, Senior Vice President, Willis of California
• The Lexicon of Risk Financing Explained FIN101: Kendra A. Browne, Willis Risk Solutions and Barbara Benson Grinnell, Willis Risk Solutions
• Builders Risk Coverage: Not Simply a Matter of Sticks and Bricks INS203: David Passman, National Property Claims Leader, Willis North America
• Doing Business in Asia: What You Need to Know INT204 : Valerie Joseph, Senior Vice President-International, Willis Insurance Services and Roger Wilkinson, Chairman & CEO-Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Willis International Limited
• The State of TRIA Ten Years after 9/11 RMG216: Wendy A. Peters, Terrorism Insurance Practice Leader, Willis
• Hey Hacker, Get Off of My Cloud! RMG208: George Haitsch, Practice Leader, Willis Global Solutions, Willis Risk Solutions
As an alternative to the exhibition hall, the Willis Coffee Hub will offer delegates a casual place to meet and network in the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, 3rd floor. Willis will also hold a client cocktail reception Monday April 16 at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Millennium Hall.
Commenting on Willis’ presence at this year’s RIMS, Joe Plumeri, Chairman and CEO Willis Group Holdings said “This conference comes at a critical time as organizations face new challenges and a new landscape of risk. Today’s risk managers need innovative strategies to effectively navigate the current environment. They are seeking solutions that will help them build resilience for their organizations over the long-term, rather than simply transfer risk in a year-end, year-out transaction.”
“Willis is proud to be a part of the RIMS experience and proud to be a true partner to the insurance buying community. We are excited to share Willis’ powerful industry expertise and we encourage visitors to join us at the Willis booth or coffee hub,” Plumeri added.
Willis will be sharing its RIMS participation and broadcasting via social media again this year. Visitors can follow coverage via Twitter @WillisGroup and on the Willis Wire blog. For more information on Willis at RIMS please visit http://www.willis.com/events/rims/index.html.