Safety Merchants and Retail Tenants Umbrella (SMART-U)
What is SMART-U?
SterlingRisk Programs has managed national risk purchasing groups for over 30 years. In 2014, we focused SMART-U to protect a wide range of retail stores, owners, merchants, and tenants.
Who Can We Protect?
- Broad eligibility: Retail stores—free-standing or in shopping centers; shoe stores; yogurt franchises; supermarkets; grocery, clothing, jewelry, eye vision, electronic, household goods, stationery, and office supply stores.
- Ineligible classes: second-hand stores, amusement rides, auto services, pharmaceuticals, guns and ammo, infant, or medical products. Note: Exceptions considered if incidental.
- Limits up to $50 million. $75 million; $100 million
- Competitive product offering
- Personal excess liability available for principals (minimum underlined $5 million)
- Limits apply separately to each member of the risk purchasing group
- Most favorable venue endorsement
- Follow form per location aggregate
- Provide excellence in protection—dedicated program underwriting service
- Coverage for internet and international sales
- Follow form auto liability, abuse, assault, non-intentional discrimination, liquor
- Internet sales
- Admitted “A” rated carrier