What is the General Real Estate Environmental Enterprises Net (GREEN)
- A pre-negotiated pollution insurance program by Sterling Environmental Services for clientswho own or manage residential and commercial real estate to address environmental exposures.
- Environmental insurance for new conditions and exposures at a low cost and a comprehensive manuscript policy that is available on admitted basis in NY, NJ, and for certain clients domiciled in PA and various western states, and on surplus lines basis in other states.
- Policy issued to each insured with its own per condition and aggregate limits of insurance.
WhyDo INeed the GREEN Program?
- General liability and property policies exclude pollution claims.
- Affordable alternative to self-insuring.
- The program includes unique coordination of emergency response and environmental services, including environmental engineers, consultants, contractors, attorneys, public relations firms, insurance brokers and claims experts.
The pre-negotiated GREEN Program offering provides coverage for:
- Fungi, lead-based paint and asbestos, as well as complimentary associated management plans.
- Contamination that migrates onto your property or from your property.
- First-partyand third-party clean-up costs.
- Claims alleging bodily injury, including attendant medical monitoring, or property damage.
- Emergency response costs for the immediate mobilization of environmental professionals, along with 24/7 incident reporting via phone, web or mobile device.
- Disposal of waste at regulated facilities when generated on your property.
- Business interruption loss for rental income, relocation, mitigation, net profits and payroll.
- Bioterrorism exposures such as the intentional release of bacteria, viruses, and causative agents as defined by the United States Center for Disease Control.
- Legal defense costs and expenses.
What AreOur GREEN Program Limits?
- Economical rates for $1M/$1M, $1M/$2M, and $1M/$3M per policy and significant multi-property discounts will be applied.
- $25,000 self-insured retention (SIR) for most covered conditions.
- $50,000 SIR will apply to conditions involving fungi, lead-based paint and asbestos.
135 Crossways Park Dr. | Woodbury, NY 11797 | Phone: 516-487-0300 | Fax: 516-487-0372 |
GREENProgram Common Exposure Examples
- On-site oil spills resulting from pipe breaks or the misdelivery of heating oil.
- Migration of solvents onto your property from off-site current and former dry cleaners.
- Release of contaminants resulting from a natural disaster such as a hurricane, flood or windstorm.
- Off-site pollution incidents at non-owned waste disposal facilities, which seek to impose liability on generators identified from a waste manifest as potentially responsible parties.
- Personal injury claims from exposure to pollutants such as asbestos, lead-based paint, fungi, legionella pneumophila or indoor air irritants resulting in sick buildings
- Medical monitoring claims by tenants and other third-parties alleging fear of illness and emotional distress
- Migration of petroleum onto your property from current and former gas stations.
- Release of chemicals by tenants or their guests, including on-site “meth labs.”
- Migration of pollutants onto your property from current and former manufacturing.
- Pollution conditions associated with the illicit abandonment of substances by others at your property or during transportation by your vendors.
Note: Courts have repeatedly found that general liability and property policies with pollution
exclusions do not cover: acid, adhesive, ammonia, arsenic, asbestos,
benzene, brine, carbon monoxide, caulk fumes, carpet glue, chlorine, chromium,
cooking oil, contaminated drinking water, DT, diesel fumes, dioxins, dust,
fertilizer, foundry sand, fuel and gasoline, , heating oil, hydrogen sulfide gas, lead,
manganese, manure, mercury, methane gas, methyl parathion,
methyl chloride, microbial allergens, mold, nitrogen dioxide, PCE, PCBs,
pesticides, phenol gas, PVC dust, low-level radiological waste, saltwater, sealant fumes,
sediments, sewage, silica dust, smoke, water contamination and welding fumes
Who areOur Carriers?
The GREEN Program is a joint effort between Sterling Environmental Services and
a world-renowned, A.M. Best “A+ XV” rated insurance carrier with many years of
experience in the environmental insurance market.