Lawyers Professional Liability
Attorneys face a number of E&O claims – from administrative errors, to allegations of abandoning representation, or failing to address the client's needs in any way.
The American Bar Association (ABA) estimates that attorneys will have at least three legal malpractice claims brought against them in the course of their careers.
Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) insurance is designed to provide coverage for claims that arise from "wrongful acts" committed in the rendering of legal services in the lawyer’s capacity and generally provide both indemnification coverage and claims expense coverage.
The RPS Signature Programs Lawyers Insurance product has limits available from $250,000 each loss/aggregate to $5,000,000 each loss/aggregate.
- Limits of liability up to $5 million available
- Defense expenses are in addition to the limit available
- Annual aggregate deductible available
- First-dollar defense option available
- Supplementary payments — in addition to limit at $0 deductible
- Disciplinary: up to $100,000 per policy period
- Loss of earnings: up to $50,000 per policy period
- Rule 11 awards: up to $5,000 per policy period
- Subpoena assistance: up to $25,000 per policy period
- Pre-claim assistance
- Broad definition of legal services
- Broad "Predecessor firm" definition
- Innocent party coverage for concealed claims and/or fraudulent acts
- Automatic 30-day extension period for reporting claims
- Unlimited extended reporting period option available
- Lateral hire coverage available
- Liberalization clause
- Non-practicing ERP offered for individuals
- Punitive and exemplary damages covered (to extent insurable by law)
- Relaxed consent to settle - insurer pays 50%
- Loyalty discount — 50% discount on extended reporting periods after four years
- Insurers rated “A-” by A.M. Best
- Program management established in 1985
- Pre-claim hotline
- Available non-admitted nationwide except Alaska
Firms comprised of 1 to 50 attorneys
- $250,000 to $5,000,000
Why RPS Signature Programs
Our team of industry experts can help take on the most complex client needs with our exclusive programs offering specialized coverage for niche risks.