Water damage from flooding happens more often than you might think. Floods are the #1 disaster in the U.S. and occur in all flood zones. Excess Flood insurance covers you when a federal flood policy or private flood policy isn’t enough. For example, in the event of a loss, once you have exhausted the NFIP limit of $250,000, the Excess Flood limit begins to apply.
Excess Flood also helps cover additional costs on contents after the $100,000 coverage is used up. While standard flood is available through the NFIP, protection with Orchid’s Excess Flood means your client is covered above and beyond where others draw the line.
• Excess insurance above NFIP limits of $250,000 on residential properties
• Limits up to $5 million available
• Coverage includes buildings, contents and loss of income (including extra expenses)
• Individually underwritten with customized limits and terms
• Insurance quotes offered within 72 hours of submission
• Multiple carriers provided when presented with elevation certificates of submissions in A and V zones
Rates are calculated based on a number of factors, such as:
• Home’s location, age, and flood zone
• Distance to Coast
• Amount of coverage
Limits available/per occurrence
• $45 million over all interest (building, contents, loss of income) per risk
• $20 million condo building
• $10 million earthquake when purchased with excess flood
• Properties built on stilts over water
• Mobile, manufactured and prefabricated buildings
• Soft costs for construction risks
• Medical equipment, food items and perishable goods
• Contents located in basements
Submitting your risk to Orchid has never been easier. Simply e-mail your commercial submissions (ACORD'S, SOV's, Supplementals, Loss Runs, etc...) to firstname.lastname@example.org.