The Amwins Underwriting division is proud to offer our clients an innovative commercial property insurance solution for out-of-pocket expenses that insureds typically experience when a flood has taken place.
Interested in learning more about our flood program? Click here to visit our website.
FloodFLEX – Flood Insurance Coverage Enhancement
The Flood Insurance Agency (TFIA), part of the Amwins Underwriting division, developed FloodFLEX, an exclusive product offered by Amwins, that endorses the policy to increase the loss payable for Coverage A: Building Coverage of a commercial building flood policy from 10% up to 100%.
The FloodFLEX payment may be used by the insured for any purpose. For example, the insured can apply proceeds for lost income, depreciation, for otherwise uncovered expenses, or for a deductible - there are no restrictions under FloodFLEX regarding how proceeds are applied.
Other uses of the FloodFLEX payment could include:
- Cost of construction to rebuild to current zoning or building code requirements
- Extended loss of revenue resulting from community blight even though the insured’s building has been rebuilt or restored
- Loss of items stored in a basement
- Damage to a country club’s golf course
- Evacuation expenses for schools or assisted living facilities
- All states, except NY