Our Taxi PLUS program is designed to meet the coverage needs of taxis.
Coverage is underwritten by Amalgamated Casualty, which has been given a financial strength rating of B++ (Good) by A.M. Best and A (Exceptional) by Demotech.
- Significant expertise in target class
- Quick underwriter turnaround
- Flexible payment options
Commercial Auto Liability
- Includes Bodily Injury and Property Damage
- Limits will be offered to meet statutory requirements in the licensed territory of operation; higher limits are available
- Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorists (UM/UIM), Medical Payments (Med Pay) & Personal Injury Protection (PIP) will be written to reflect statutory minimums with other options available
- Comprehensive & Collision
- Deductibles starting at $1,000
- Stated Values of $5,000-50,000
- Vehicle over 8 years old may be ineligible for Physical Damage coverage unless required by a lienholder
- Metered or unmetered autos and minivans with maximum seating capacity of seven (7) passengers, excluding the driver
- No back-dating additions or deletions allowed
- No on-and-off units; if a vehicle is deleted mid-term, it must stay off the policy for a minimum of fifteen (30) calendar days
- No gypsy cabs
- No new ventures for fleets (unless there is previous favorable verifiable insurance history)
- No triple shifts
- All drivers must receive approval prior to driving
- All drivers must be a minimum age of twenty-three (23) years old
- All drivers must possess a valid unrestricted state driver license for a minimum of three (3) years
- A preferred driver should be accident free for at least three (3) years
- All drivers must have no more than two (2) violations within the past three (3) years
- An applicant will be rejected if he/she has ever been convicted of a major violation; such as, hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances or driving while otherwise impaired
Personal Use of Vehicle
- Any personal use of a vehicle must be disclosed on application
- The Quick Quote Application is acceptable to obtain a quote for owner/operators and small fleets. Large fleets will require a Taxi Fleet Application with Driver List and Vehicle List.
- Motor Vehicle Records (MVRs) currently dated for all Vehicle operators must be submitted (including part-time and back-up drivers). Agent responsible for providing MVRs on new business applications. The cost of MVRs will be itemized and deducted from Agency commission if not provided with new business submission. Carrier responsible for MVR costs thereafter.
- Loss Runs currently dated for the last five (5) years (if applicable)
- Narrative on Operations including a brief resume of the business manager and loss control policies and procedures in place if fleet is greater than five (5) units
To bind coverage a completed ACORD 125 Application along with appropriate state and line of business ACORD applications is required.