Lloyd's issued a statement on Wednesday that is subject to a recruitment scam (recruitment fraud), in which individuals are being offered fictitious employment opportunities with Lloyd’s and being asked to send their personal details and/or monies. Following is the statement issued by Lloyd's:
Perpetrators of recruitment fraud can be extremely convincing and it is not uncommon for (potential) victims to receive fake documents; these documents are provided in an attempt to lend credibility to the scam. Further, it is typical for fraudsters to misuse Lloyd’s name and intellectual property on this documentation without authority.
Action Fraud (the National Fraud Reporting Centre) offers some general advice regarding recruitment fraud which can be accessed here: http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/fraud-az-recruitment-scams. If you are the (potential) victim of recruitment fraud we would ask that you please report it here: http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/report_fraud
General advice can also be obtained from ‘SAFER’ (Safe Advice for Employment and Recruitment) which was set up in 2008 to help protect jobseekers, employers and service providers from crime during the process of communicating and acquiring employment opportunities. SAFER’s website can be found here: www.safer-jobs.com
Please be aware that:
• Lloyd’s will never ask you for a fee to process any recruitment applications.
• Presently, Lloyd’s offers no relocation package.
• At this moment, all candidates need to have a full work permit before applying to Lloyd’s. Presently Lloyd’s does not sponsor visas.
• All Lloyd’s email correspondence will be sent from an email address with the suffix ‘@lloyds.com’.
• Lloyd’s does not use ‘yahoo.com’, ‘live.com’, googlemail.com’, msn.com’ or any other email provider.
Presently the fraudsters are misusing the name ‘LLOYD’S INSURANCE PLC’ or derivates thereof.
If you are in any doubt, please report this matter to Lloyd’s, London office at the following email address: email@example.com and we will confirm the authenticity (or otherwise) of the communication.