On 7 December, a panel of Ernst & Young LLP professionals to learn about the progress of the Dodd-Frank legislation to date, its implications for insurers and what you need to do to prepare for the strategic and operational impact on your business model.
The Dodd-Frank Act was signed into law on July 21, 2010 with wide-reaching ramifications for all financial services institutions, including insurers. With hundreds of new rules to be written and dozens of studies to be conducted, the true impact on insurers may not be known for months or even years. What we do know, with the possibility of several insurers being designated systemically significant, other insurers being regulated by the Federal Reserve as they are owners of banks or thrifts and the new Federal Insurance Office (FIO) being formed, insurers must take an active role in the development of the new rules.
This webcast will cover topics that include:
• The impact of systemic regulation and what this could mean for your company
• Incremental prudential requirements for capital, liquidity and risk governance
• The impact of new consumer protection regulations on insurers
• The role of the new FIO and the study it will conduct
• The implications of the Volcker Rule on insurers
• The latest news from Washington, DC
• The importance of remaining fully engaged in the reform process to properly asses its impact on insurers
You can register for the webinar at the Ernst & Young site.