Posted on 24 Sep 2009
The National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies announced the induction of ten new members into its "Century Club" today, recognizing them for serving policyholders for 100 years.
“These companies have served their policyholders through the best and worst of times,” said Chuck Chamness, president and CEO of NAMIC. “Their continued service is testament not only to their strength and stability, but to the concept of mutual insurance as well.”
Additionally, NAMIC recognized Bucks County Contributionship Mutual Insurance Company on its 200th anniversary.
With addition of the 2009 class, the Century Club has over 660 members. Combined, they have served policyholders for nearly 84,000 years, which would reach from the present well beyond recorded human history and into the Paleolithic Era.
The new members of the Century Club are:
* Bear River Mutual Insurance Company, Murray, UT
* Bedford Grange Mutual Insurance Company, Bedford, PA
* Clark Farm Mutual Insurance Company, Clark, SD
* Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance Company, Plentywood, MT
* Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance Company of Jefferson County Tennessee, Dandridge, TN
* Grinnell Mutual Reinsurance Company, Grinnell, IA
* McMinn County Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance Company, Athens, TN
* Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company, Algona, IA
* Sauers Mutual Insurance Company, Seymour, ID
* Tri-County Mutual Town Insurance Company, Iron River, WI