Posted on 27 Mar 2009
Marsh, a leading insurance broker and risk advisor, recently announced the appointments of five executives to senior roles within its U.S. organization.
* Jack Butcher, appointed U.S. Sales & Marketing Leader. Mr. Butcher, who was CEO of Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC, now moves back to Marsh where he will be responsible for U.S. sales, marketing, and campaign management for the firm’s proprietary products, services, and thought leadership offerings.
* Robert Howe, named to the newly created role of Placement and Market Leader. Mr. Howe formerly head of the firm's Property Practice, will be responsible for setting overall carrier strategy and for managing carrier relationships.
* Duncan Ellis becomes head of the Property Practice, succeeding Mr. Howe. Previously, he was leader of the firm's Northeast Zone Property Practice.
* Dean Klisura becomes Risk Practices Leader, a new position. Mr. Klisura, formerly head of FINPRO (Marsh's Financial and Professional Liability Practice), now will oversee the firm's Casualty, Environmental, FINPRO, Premium Finance, Property and Surety Practices.
* Lou Ann Layton succeeds Mr. Klisura as head of the firm's FINPRO Practice in the U.S. Ms. Layton previously was Northeast Zone Leader of FINPRO.
"Our U.S. organization is designed to facilitate entrepreneurial initiative and to leverage the talent and energy of Marsh colleagues in each and every professional role," said Joseph McSweeny, president of Marsh's U.S./Canada Division. "Each of these executives has distinguished themselves during their careers at Marsh, and I am confident that they will excel in their new roles and lead us to higher levels of success."