Posted on 27 Jan 2010
Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), a division of Liberty Mutual Group, today announced that it has restructured its U.S. Specialty Casualty unit to better serve its clients and to more effectively access business opportunities.
To ensure that LIU continues to provide the expert underwriting service that brokers, clients, and program administrators have come to expect, the following organizational changes are effective immediately:
* Carl Pursiano has been named Chief Underwriting Officer, U.S. Specialty Casualty and Senior Vice President. In this role, Mr. Pursiano will oversee Management Liability and Professional Liability for LIU U.S.
* Trevor Howard has been named Senior Vice President of U.S. Management Liability in charge of all management liability operations.
* Christopher DePuy has been named Senior Vice President in charge of Lawyers Professional Liability (LPL) and Accountants Professional Liability (APL).
* Georges Pigault has been named Vice President of Architects and Engineers (A&E).
* Michael Auerbach has been named Vice President of Allied Health and Miscellaneous Programs.
* Mark Blankenship joins LIU as Assistant Vice President of Architects and Engineers in Chicago.
“This restructure will strengthen LIU now and prepare us for success well into the future,” said David Cohen, President of LIU U.S. “I am excited to announce these important organizational improvements that reinforce LIU’s long-term commitment to this line. By tapping into the strong talent pool within LIU, we will continue to provide new and existing clients with the insurance protection they need backed by the financial strength of Liberty Mutual Group.”
LIU (www.liu-usa.com) provides specialty commercial lines of insurance worldwide, including casualty, specialty casualty, global crisis management, marine, construction, energy, engineering and reinsurance, distributed exclusively through the independent broker network.
About Liberty Mutual Group
Boston-based Liberty Mutual Group is a diversified global insurer and fifth largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on 2008 direct written premium. The Company also ranks 86th on the Fortune 500 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2008 revenue. As of December 31, 2008, Liberty Mutual Group had $104.3 billion in consolidated assets, $94.2 billion in consolidated liabilities and $28.9 billion in annual consolidated revenue.