Posted on 25 Nov 2009
Holiday films pose unique risk challenges with major stunts and action sequences. And this year was no different, with Fireman's Fund, an Allianz Company, the leading insurer of many of Hollywood movies.
"This year's holiday films involved a lot of water explosions, underwater filming, and intense action sequences that create considerable risk challenges for filmmakers. We work closely to ensure those scenes are taped as safe as possible while still achieving the director's artistic vision," said Lori Fouché, President of Commercial Insurance at Fireman's Fund.
While moviegoers may enjoy watching these films, most aren't aware of the risk challenges involved when shooting complex scenes that include air and watercraft stunts, explosions, underwater filming, simulated earthquakes, fights, and horseback riding by cast members. These types of scenes contribute appreciably to a film's overall risk.
The leading insurer of major Hollywood films
During the filming process movie studios must protect themselves from a variety of insurance risks and liabilities to their cast members, crew and the production process. That's where Fireman's Fund Insurance Company comes into the picture. As the leading insurer of major Hollywood films, it helps production companies manage unexpected risks.
With more than 80 years of experience insuring everything from independent films to major blockbusters, Fireman's Fund entertainment division is dedicated to helping producers and studios attain the artistic results they are seeking, while also ensuring that the movie is filmed safely, on-time and within budget. This is done by analyzing risks and finding solutions to cover specific exposures.
Recently released holiday productions insured by Fireman's Fund:
* "This Is It" (Oct. 28) - a behind-the-scenes look as Michael Jackson
* "A Christmas Carol" (Nov. 6) - directed by Robert Zemeckis and features Jim Carrey
* "The Box" (Nov. 6) - starring Cameron Diaz
* "The Fourth Kind" (Nov. 6) - with Milla Jovovich
* "2012" (Nov. 13) starring John Cusack
* "Pirate Radio" (Nov. 13) with Philip Seymour Hoffman
* "Uncertainty" (Nov. 13) starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lynn Collins
* "The Messenger" (Nov. 13) with Ben Foster and Woody Harrelson
* "Precious" (Nov. 13) based on the novel Push with executive producers Tyler Perry and Oprah Winfrey
* "Red Cliff" (Nov. 18) directed by John Woo
Fireman's Fund insured the following upcoming holiday films:
* "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" (Nov. 20) starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, and Taylor Lautner
* "The Missing Person" (Nov. 20)
* "Ninja Assassin" (Nov. 25)
* "Old Dogs" (Nov. 25) featuring John Travolta and Robin Williams
* "The Road" (Nov. 25) with Laurence Fishburne
* "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee" (Nov. 27) directed by Rebecca Miller with Robin Wright Penn, Alan Arkin, Keanu Reeves, and Julianne Moore
* "Armored" (Dec. 4) starring Matt Dillon and Laurence Fishburne
* "Did You Hear About The Morgans" (Dec. 18) featuring Hugh Grant and Sarah Jessica Parker
* "Nine" (Dec. 25) directed by Rob Marshall with Daniel Day-Lewis, Nicole Kidman and Penélope Cruz
* "It's Complicated" (Dec. 25) starring Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin
* "Sherlock Holmes" (Dec. 25) directed by Guy Ritchie and starring Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law
* "The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond" (Dec. 30) with Bryce Dallas Howard