Posted on 23 Nov 2009
Aon, the UK's largest insurance broker, has made six new appointments to its aviation team. The move is part of Aon's recruitment drive to bring in fresh thinking and further rejuvenate the strength of its service offering to clients. The aviation team has undergone significant change, presenting the opportunity for new talent to demonstrate their skills and enhance their career path, while supporting and working with senior managers on global accounts.
The new employees will be servicing and broking for the world’s airlines and aerospace companies, offering sector expertise and aggressive negotiating skills during the busy Q4 insurance renewal season and into 2010.
The new appointments, based in London, comprise:
• John Westoby – senior broker from Marsh where he was vice president of the aviation and aerospace practice for 14 years.
• Simon Blanden – client manager from Willis where he was an executive director and worked for 16 years.
• Adam Hemingway – broker/client manager from Marsh where he worked for over five years.
• Christopher Percy and Martyn Chattey – graduate trainees who will be supporting the team.
• In addition, Meghan Walker will join as a senior broker from Lockton in 2010.
Simon Knechtli, Aon Global UK aviation and aerospace practice leader, commented: “We have hired driven, enthusiastic people with great energy and commitment. We continue to secure the best program terms for our clients using our established talent, which is now further enhanced by the new appointments. This reinforces Aon’s commitment to remain the leading broker both today and into the future as we nurture the next generation of aviation focused colleagues.”