Posted on 31 Mar 2011
The American Insurance Marketing & Sales (AIMS) Society, a professional organization dedicated to building insurance sales, marketing and technical expertise, has elected Curt Pearsall, CPIA, CPCU, ARM, AU, AIAF, as president. Pearsall, founder and principal of Pearsall Associates, a Whitesboro, N.Y.-based consulting firm, has served as an insurance agent and, for more than two decades, led a national insurance agents E&O program for Utica National.
“The AIMS Society has a very strong reputation for providing practical, hands-on education and training to insurance agents, brokers, other agency staff and carrier partners,” says Pearsall, who has served on the organization’s board of directors since 2008. “I look forward to helping the Society broaden its reach and drive even greater professionalism and sales excellence throughout the agency community.”
Also elected as officers of the Society this year were:
• Chester Butler III, CPIA, CIC, of The Butler Company, Brentwood, Tenn., vice president
• Philip Bogle, CPIA, of The Bogle Agency, in Lyndhurst, N.J., vice president
• June Taylor, CPIA, CIC, CPIW, DAE, of Wilkinson Insurance Agency, White House, Tenn., vice president
• James Gosselink, CPIA, CIC, LUTCF, of Tulip City Agency in Pella, Iowa, immediate past president
The following members were re-elected to one-year board officer terms:
• Michael Herzak, CPIA, CIC, CRMCS, of Insurance Systems Group, Cleveland, Ohio, secretary
• Martin Lebson, CPIA, AAI, ARM, of Capacity Coverage of New Jersey, Mahwah, N.J., treasurer.
Re-elected this year to serve three-year terms on the AIMS Society board of directors were:
• Michael Herzak, CPIA, CIC, CRMCS
• Martin Lebson, CPIA, AAI, ARM
• Ronald Stauffer, CPIA, of Phelan Insurance Agency, Versailles, Ohio
Elections took place during the AIMS Society’s 2011 Annual Meeting, held last month in Tampa in conjunction with its annual PRO-to-PRO Executive Retreat. Terms are effective April 1, 2011. Officers will hold their positions through March 31, 2012; board members elected this year will serve through March 2014.
About AIMS Society:
Founded in 1968 as The Firemark Society , the AIMS Society (www.aimssociety.org) is a national, member-driven organization that provides training, information and networking services designed to increase the personal and agency sales production of property and casualty insurance agents. AIMS Society was the first organization to honor property and casualty agents for sales excellence and to establish the industry’s only sales-based insurance designation—the Certified Professional Insurance Agent (CPIA). Completion of the CPIA designation requirements is not necessary to qualify for membership. Lifetime CPIAs are recognized with the initials “CPIA.”