Posted on 12 Jun 2012
ACE USA, the U.S.-based retail operating division of the ACE Group, today introduced expanded coverage for buyers of its combined general liability and pollution policy form -- ACE PaC -- designed for mid-sized clients with the pollution exposures typically faced by many manufacturers. Developed by the company’s Accident & Health and Casualty divisions, the expanded product offers casualty accident coverage -- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) -- for employees through a simple endorsement to their standard ACE PaCpolicy form.
ACE PaCSM is a specialized product solution available for small and mid-sized companies in the manufacturing industry, including those involved in the chemical manufacturing, distributing, mixing and blending process.
“We’re pleased to offer accident insurance and risk management solutions to address serious work-related injuries that can have a devastating impact on employees and their families,” said Joe Vasquez, Division President, ACE USA Accident & Health. “This combined coverage, which addresses general liability exposures as well as pollution liabilities, can now be expanded to provide an additional AD&D benefit for employees in states where it is permitted. Not only do these enhancements help address the exposures faced by the manufacturing industry, they also address the financial security and resources necessary for dealing with an accidental loss.”
Mitchell Schmidt, Senior Vice President and National Manager of ACE USA’s Custom Casualty unit added, “In the current economic climate, business owners in the manufacturing industry look for alternative ways to provide supplemental benefits to their employees. Our coverage expansion provides a low-cost way to augment employee accident benefits provided under workers compensation. This innovation demonstrates ACE’s continued commitment to providing comprehensive and streamlined product offerings designed to meet our clients’ needs.”
ACE’s coordinated insurance solutions for the manufacturing industry -- through its ACE PaCSM product, combining primary general liability and pollution liability, offers the following:
- Premises pollution, including coverage for third party bodily injury and property damage, as well as first and third party remediation costs
- Products pollution & contractors pollution liability
- Transportation & disposal sites pollution
- Primary commercial automobile
- Follow form lead umbrella with catastrophe management coverage extension (up to $25,000,000 in capacity available)
- Worldwide products coverage, with coordinated capabilities for international casualty coverages
- First dollar guaranteed cost basis deductible, or SIR program structures available
AD&D Coverage Highlights:
- D&D limits include: $50,000 principal sum amount (per covered person) and accident insurance aggregate limit up to $250,000
- Coverage includes: all employees of the Named insured working at least 20 hours per week, who are permanently employed in the U.S.
- Covered losses include accidental death, dismemberment, paralysis and coma benefits
In addition, ACE offers the following key advantages through this new product:
- Account coordination with one underwriter maintaining authority for all lines of coverage on individual submissions
- Backed by ACE financial stability (rated AA- by Standard & Poor’s, and A+ by A.M. Best)
- Underwriting specialists in casualty and environmental, with expanded product capabilities in AD&D, and product withdrawal expense
- Dedicated and experienced casualty and environmental claims and risk control specialists
Insurance is provided by insurers with the ACE Group or its allied distribution associates. The product highlights above are a summary only, please see actual policy for terms and conditions. All products may not be available in all states. Surplus lines insurance sold only through licensed surplus line producers. Risk control activities conducted on behalf of the insurer are not intended as a direct benefit to the insured.
ACE Custom Casualty, a unit of ACE USA, offers small startups to large corporations one of the broadest multi-line product suites for manufacturers and distributors with pollution exposures; traditional and renewable energy risks, as well as general casualty for commercial concerns. For more information, please visit our website.