Posted on 01 Dec 10
Willis Group Holdings, the global insurance broker, today announced that five new members have joined Willis Networks, its alliances with local, independent insurance brokers in the UK, bringing the networks’ combined membership to 111 firms.
Willis Networks is made up of the Willis Commercial Network (WCN), which represents larger independent brokers and Willis N2, representing smaller provincial brokers. The three new members who have joined the WCN are: Champion Insurance Brokers Ltd, Cheshire Insurance Brokers and Routen Chaplin. Details of the new members are as follows:
• Based in Worsley, Manchester, Champion Insurance Brokers Ltd is part of Champion, a leading North West accountancy group. The independent broker provides commercial insurance services to the SME and mid corporate sector.
• Cheshire Insurance Brokers is situated in Hale, Cheshire and is predominantly a commercial lines broker. Principal, Dominic Leach said, “Having looked at other networks we felt that Willis offered us the support we needed working as a small independent broker, but with the backing of one of the largest worldwide brokers.”
• Founded in 1961, Routen Chaplin in Long Eaton, Nottinghamshire has 30 employees and services clients in the East Midlands area. The broker was part of another network, but, according to Director, Steve Beeley, Routen Chaplin decided to move to Willis, after carrying out a vigorous due diligence process, and saw the benefits and advantages of joining the WCN.
The two new Willis N2 members are Bonsure Insurance Brokers Ltd and Redwood Business Insurance Services Ltd:
• Established in 1994 in Dartford, Kent, Bonsure Insurance Brokers Ltd has grown to become a widely respected brokerage handling business throughout the UK. Bonsure specializes in Care Home insurance.
• Redwood Business Insurance Services Ltd is based in Rayleigh, Essex and was set up in 2001 as a specialist commercial insurance brokerage, which has now expanded to provide a comprehensive range of financial and insurance services for individual and corporate clients. Commenting on why they decided to join Willis Networks, Director Steve Hartley said, “Willis N2 membership will allow us to better differentiate ourselves from the competition whilst at the same time enabling us to strengthen our insurer relationships.”
Welcoming the new members, Phil Scarrett, Managing Director, Willis Networks, said, “We are really proud of the calibre of brokers in our Networks and the sense of community that we have all fostered. Our aim is to build long-lasting alliances between Willis, the Network communities and insurers and we look forward to helping our new members fully realize the benefits that these relationships can bring to their business.”