Posted on 26 May 2011
Healthcare providers face a broad range of risks - from the safety of patients and employees to the protection of buildings and equipment. To help these organizations manage risk, Travelers this week announced the availability of new property coverages available through its IndustryEdge(R) product for Healthcare Organizations.
"Today we announce three new coverage enhancements designed to help protect the specialized risks and exposures of outpatient and inpatient healthcare providers," said Scott Higgins, President of Travelers Commercial Accounts. "These new enhancements - combined with existing tailored coverage, dedicated risk control and claim services - reaffirm our commitment to the healthcare industry segment we have served for decades."
New coverages include:
• Ordinance or Law - Communicable Disease Contamination Coverage?This coverage pays the costs incurred to clean up and remove communicable disease contamination from a premise when mandated by an ordinance or law.
• Condemnation of Medical Property?This coverage pays for loss of visibly undamaged medical property that a government regulatory authority has condemned as a direct result of a covered cause of loss.
• Unintentional Errors or Omissions - Failure to Report Locations?This coverage is extended when the insured unintentionally fails to report a location at the inception date of the policy period, or to report a newly acquired location after the automatic coverage period expires.
Available through Travelers' vast network of independent insurance agents and brokers, the IndustryEdge product for Healthcare Organizations offers a broad appetite for:
• Outpatient facilities including medical offices, clinics, laboratories, diagnostic centers and ambulatory surgical centers.
• Inpatient facilities including hospitals, nursing homes and other elder-care facilities.
Tailored coverages already available through the IndustryEdge product for Healthcare Organizations include:
• Automobile - coverage for both non-emergency and emergency ambulances, passenger vans and mobile medical units.
• Property - coverage for Emergency Evacuation Expense, Personal Property of Patients and Residents, and Radioactive Contamination.
• Inland Marine - coverage for Mobile Medical Diagnostic Imaging Equipment.
• General Liability (for Outpatient providers) - worldwide coverage territory provides indemnity protection for foreign suits and repatriation/transportation expenses. Coverage for damage to leased premises includes all perils, and coverage extends to mobile medical units.
• Workers Compensation - guaranteed cost options available for outpatient providers with loss-sensitive options for inpatient providers.
• Umbrella - excess limits available for outpatient providers.
"Travelers combines an array of specialized coverages with a broad appetite that includes both ambulances and passenger transportation vans. This sets us apart from many of our competitors," said David Carter, Vice President - Property, Travelers Commercial Accounts. "If our inpatient clients have ambulances or vans currently insured in the Excess & Surplus market, we'd like an opportunity to quote these exposures along with the property," Carter concluded.
Knowing that no two industries are the same, Travelers offers an extensive array of tailored commercial insurance products, services and specialized expertise for hundreds of industries. Travelers IndustryEdge for Healthcare Organizations is yet another example of Travelers' broad insurance protection that's far-reaching, flexible and focused - all found in one place.