Posted on 25 Aug 2011
A series of interactive, hands-on sessions is planned for this year's 26th Annual Technology, Education & Networking Conference (TENCon), hosted by Applied Systems Client Network (ASCnet), the international association of Applied Systems agency and brokerage technology users. Attendees at the annual conference, September 20-23, 2011 at the Gaylord Palms Hotel & Convention Center in Orlando, can receive registration and lodging discounts through September 2, 2011.
"We're an organization built around making the most of practical automation tools to improve workflows, boost profitability and enhance customer service," says ASCnet Education Committee Chair Karen Lancaster, chief information officer at Western Marine Insurance Services, Stockton, Calif. "It only makes sense that we incorporate hands-on technology into the learning opportunities we make available to members at our flagship education event."
Among the interactive sessions offered this year is a "bring your own device" class, titled "How to Build an iPhone/Droid/iPad App," led by ASCnet member Angelyn Treutel, president of SouthGroup Insurance-Gulf Coast and chair of the Agents Council for Technology. Treutel was among the first independent insurance agents to build a mobile application for agency clients. Session attendees will be able to create an app they can deploy right away to drive better customer communication and service.
Twenty other hands-on, "bring your own" sessions are scheduled that will help attendees create documents, explore system functionality, generate reports, build tools and get other practical experience, all on their own laptop computers. These include:
• Differentiate Your Agency with SOI's and Proposals in Epic, a two-part series designed to get users building SOIs (summaries of insurance) and proposals using their system.
• Excel Level 1 & Level 2, back-to-back sessions in which attendees use Excel functionality and work through practical agency and brokerage applications, tips, tricks and shortcuts.
• Excel Pivot Tables-Create the Report You Want, where attendees can create tools to let them extract, organize and summarize info that shows patterns, relationships and trends.
• Getting it Done with My TAM, a two-part series designed to show attendees how to set up and run 'My TAM' workflows for more efficient data entry.
• Hands-on Clinics for Advanced Users, interactive sessions on Applied/Word Interface, TAM Accounting and TAM Reporting & Data Extraction, built around attendee questions.
• I Am an Agency Owner sessions, separate opportunities to practice using Financial Reports and Management Reports to boost agency performance.
• Maximizing Epic with Custom Forms & Supplemental Screens, a two-part series in which attendees will customize systems forms and screens for maximum use.
• Retention Reporting: Calculate New Business, Lost Business & Retention Using FREE Excel Macro, designed to help attendees build sales and retention-tracking proficiency.
• Take a Deeper Dive into Epic Accounting, in which participants will navigate daily transactions and reconciliation workflows and learn practical efficiency tips.
• Using Graphic Design Elements to Enhance Your Proposals, a series of two sessions in which attendees will practice basic design elements and learn how to build better proposals.
"Advanced sessions will explore working in the cloud, Web and mobile technologies, integrating third-party software to eliminate duplicate entry and more," Lancaster says, noting that special roundtable discussions have been scheduled to deliver customized resolution to specific member issues.
"Other classes will address reporting solutions in TAM and with third party software-important topics for all system users.
"In addition, we'll feature special tracks for users of Epic, our newest system, and for multi-location and other larger agencies," she adds. "These are among the fastest growing segments of our membership."
The cut-off date for early-bird registration discounts and a special discounted room rate at the Gaylord Palms Hotel & Convention Center is Friday, September 2, 2011. For more information or to register, visit www.ASCnet.org/TENCon.
Founded in 1985 and based in Des Plaines, Ill., Applied Systems Client Network, Inc. (ASCnet) is an international association representing more than 80,000 insurance professionals. The only authorized users group for Applied Systems software, ASCnet's vision is for members to increase system utilization, resulting in increased agency value and profitability. The organization will provide opportunities for members to achieve this success through advocacy, education and networking. For more information: www.ASCnet.org.