Posted on 25 Mar 2013 by Neilson
Connecticut's attorney general says he sees no basis for lawsuits against the state or Newtown over the shooting deaths last December of 20 children and six educators.
Attorney General George Jepsen said in an interview on WFSB-TV's "Face the State" on Sunday that he believes there's no basis to sue Connecticut for anything it may have done. He also said he doesn't believe there's a reasonable basis to sue Newtown.
A lawyer earlier this year withdrew a claim to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor of the Dec. 14 school massacre. Irving Pinsky withdrew the lawsuit but said he might refile.
He said he is reviewing new evidence on security at Sandy Hook Elementary School.