Posted on 12 Jul 2012
Insurance agents and brokers in all 50 states now can provide updated specialty coverage for valued collections from American Collectors Insurance, the nation's leading provider of collector-vehicle and collectibles insurance.
The expanded collectibles program from American Collectors offers more comprehensive, customizable coverage for a wide range of collectibles, anywhere in the United States.
"We offer coverage options for nearly any type of collection imaginable," said Laura Bergan, vice president of sales and marketing for American Collectors. "Collectors can choose their deductible, coverage limits, and even optional coverage for shipping and occasional use."
The updated collectibles insurance program includes:
• Full collector value coverage (superior to actual cash value coverage) for all qualifying collections in the household.
• Protection against accidental breakage, earthquake, fire, flood, hurricane, theft, and more.
• Coverage during shipment and occasional use (optional through the Collector's Choice plan).
• A broad range of eligible collectibles and collections.
• Available higher policy limits.
• Deductibles ranging from zero to $5,000.
• Premium discounts for central station alarms, vault storage, club memberships and for high-value collections.
"Collectors make up a huge segment of the American population. Collectibles are the number-one-selling category on auction site eBay. That means business opportunities for insurance agents," said Bergan. "Agents can tap into the collectibles market and open up an entirely new sales channel. Collectors want to protect their treasures, and agents can provide that protection while increasing business and capturing customer loyalty."
"Homeowners insurance often will not cover accidental breakage, nor will it cover damages or loss due to certain natural disasters such as flood and earthquake. But many collectors do not appreciate the limits of their current coverage until after they have a claim," Bergan continued. "Independent agents and brokers need to make collectors aware of coverage gaps and provide choices. When discussing homeowners coverage, all agents have to do is ask the question: 'Do you collect any items that have a high value or are of significant importance to you?' That can open doors to greater loyalty and add-on sales."
American Collectors now covers a broader range of collectibles, including but not limited to:
• Advertising and movie memorabilia and animation art
• Auto memorabilia
• Books, comics, comic art and trading cards
• Coins and stamps
• China, crystal, glass and collector plates
• Die-cast cars, toys and action figures
• Dolls, figurines, miniatures and doll houses
• Juke boxes, radios and arcade games
• Model trains and layouts
• Musical instruments
• Sports memorabilia
• Teddy bears
• Wine and accessories
About American Collectors:
American Collectors Insurance is the nation's leading provider of collector-vehicle and collectibles insurance. American Collectors offers products through independent insurance agents, in partnership with several major insurance organizations, and direct to consumers. A wide range of collector vehicles qualify for American Collectors' program, from "brass and wood" antiques to street rods, exotics, modern classics and more. American Collectors also offers all-risk coverage for a wide range of collections from stamps, coins and comic books to vintage wine, sports memorabilia and beyond.