Posted on 11 Jun 2013 by Neilson
ACE USA, the U.S.-based retail operations of the ACE Group, today announced the introduction of a new Contractors Pollution Liability (CPL) Owner-Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) for the healthcare industry. This new policy can be used to offer Contractors Pollution Liability coverage for both new construction and renovations of hospitals, outpatient facilities, clinics, laboratories, and assisted living operations. This coverage is available for healthcare facility owners and general contractors & construction managers who provide contracting services to the healthcare industry.
"Now more than ever, healthcare reform and the associated increase in demand for cutting-edge healthcare services continue to drive healthcare construction activities in the United States," said Caroline Clouser, Executive Vice President, ACE Medical Risk Group. "The addition of our new Healthcare CPL Owner-Controlled Insurance Program further demonstrates ACE's commitment to providing streamlined environmental insurance and risk management solutions for construction projects within this unique industry."
Gerry Rojewski, Vice President and National Product Line Manager, ACE Environmental Risk added, "The addition of this new healthcare-specific OCIP program will help both owners and contractors to prevent coverage gaps resulting from varying pollution-related exclusions by using a single policy form. Whether it is ultimately used for a new healthcare construction endeavor or a renovation, ACE will be able to address the growing complex environmental risks and exposures that contractors may face during their day-to-day operations."
Key coverage features include:
- Limits available up to $50M
- Sudden, accidental and gradual pollution coverage from covered operations
- Pollution conditions to include fungi and bacteria, including legionella, on an occurrence basis
- Policy covers bodily injury, property damage and remediation costs
- Pollution conditions from transportation activities to and from the jobsites
- Fungi and bacteria coverage included in form
- Other standard coverage grants to include blanket non-owned disposal sites & supplementary payments
- Coverage to be written as an Owner Contractor-Controlled Insurance Program
- Responsive underwriting staff with strong expertise in providing environmental risk solutions
- Dedicated environmental claims specialists
- Backed by the ACE Group's financial strength and excellent reputation
ACE Environmental Risk, is a division of ACE USA, and part of the ACE Group. ACE Environmental Risk offers a full range of environmental liability solutions designed to minimize bottom-line impacts, and provide hands-on management for those liabilities. For more information about ACE Environmental Risk and its range of products and services, please visit our website.
Insurance is provided by insurance companies within the ACE Group. All products may not be available in all jurisdictions. The product information above is a summary only. The insurance policy actually issued contains the terms and limits of the contract.