Posted on 23 Aug 12 by Annie George
Applied Systems Client Network (ASCnet), the network of agencies and brokerages that use Applied Systems management technology, recognized insurance carriers and individuals for their work in implementing download and real-time interface technology for agencies and brokerages. Angelyn Treutel, ASCnet Industry Solutions Committee chair, presented carrier, vendor and individual awards at TENCon 2012, the Technology, Education & Networking Conference co-hosted here this week by ASCnet and its technology partner, Applied Systems.
Treutel, president of SouthGroup Insurance in Bay Saint Louis, Miss., said, "ASCnet's mission is to help agencies and brokerages increase value and profitability by making better use of their systems. A host of individuals and organizations support this mission by improving interface offerings and removing barriers to greater efficiency. We're happy to recognize those who help make technology work for us, not against us."
Top honors -- ASCnet's Ease of Doing Business Awards -- went to "quick adopters of technology that promotes or supports the workflows of ASCnet members," explained Treutel, who chairs the ASCnet Industry Solutions Committee. Progressive Insurance Company received the Ease of Doing Business Gold Award and The Hartford took home the Ease of Doing Business Silver Award.
"These carriers have strong records of implementing technology that helps independent agents and brokers," Treutel explained. "Progressive earned the top spot this year for its leadership efforts in the ID Federation and for its consistent implementation of Transformation Station real-time inquiry and rating over the years. We recognized The Hartford for its leadership role in the formation of the ID Federation, and for its consistently strong agent focus." The ID Federation is an industry-wide initiative that is working to eliminate agency password inefficiencies.
Two carriers received ASCnet Download Achievement Awards. Capital Indemnity Group of Wisconsin, which recently started offering real-time commercial lines rating, earned the award for its implementation of commercial lines policy detail download. Mississippi Windstorm Underwriting Association earned recognition for implementing download for the agents writing wind coverage in the state.
"Both companies are helping agents operate more efficiently by offering agents download functionality, which is the foundation for real-time processing," Treutel noted. "It is especially encouraging to see a state pool step up and offer technology that helps agents serve customers better while reducing the cost of placing the business through the state. We'd love to see more state pools do the same."
ASCnet also honored four individuals for their help and support of interface improvement:
- Susan Geary-Guerette, agency automation analyst at Travelers Insurance Company, received the Real Time Individual Achievement Award for her extraordinary assistance to agents in solving interface issues and helping more agents make use of real-time functionality;
- John Kiser, agency services manager for Union Standard Insurance Company, received the Real Time Individual Achievement Award, as well, for his work in getting real-time rating implemented and for promoting real time at various state and local industry meetings;
- Jim Rogers, assistant vice president-distribution technology for The Hartford, received the Industry Initiatives Individual Achievement Award for his ongoing work to help streamline agency-carrier interface, including his efforts to simplify password procedures and remove interface barriers through development of the ID Federation and other activities; and
- Mike Roy, chief information officer at Risk Placement Services, Inc., received the Industry Initiatives Individual Achievement Award, as well, for his leadership in promoting electronic interface between retail agents and general agent systems, as chair of the industry-wide E&S Joint Working Group.
- "These individuals consistently go above and beyond to help our members and other agents and brokers operate more effectively," Treutel noted. "Their passion for our independent agency channel is apparent, and we're pleased to recognize them for it."
About ASCnet: Applied Systems Client Network (ASCnet) is an international association that promotes successful technology and business practices through communication, education and advocacy. Founded in 1985 and based in Des Plaines, Illinois, ASCnet is the only authorized user group for Applied Systems software and represents close to 4,000 insurance agencies and brokerages worldwide. www.ASCnet.org